26 September 2011

418

lessons learnt from chem p1 today:

1. read question carefully.
2. don't be lazy and eyepower the options
3. read question very carefully.
4. never ever underestimate my stupidity.
5. if you spot a trick and tell yourself to watch out for it most likely you'll still get tricked anyway ._.

basically somehow I managed to misread q38 (which of the following reaction schemes will give the following ester) as which of these reactions will give AN ester. and somehow I didn't even see the desired ester below and only managed to see the options. hmm.

then another question arranging from most to least basic (i.e. they asked for decreasing Kb) I ordered them by least to most basic and then forgot to reverse the order. blah.

also screwed an electrochem question by just assuming stuff and being lazy to do calculations and check the other options.

and got tricked by NaBH4 and ketones again (that question I have no idea what I was doing. oh dear.)

but whatever prelims are finally over. so like one month of freedom for now. yay.

just that I have the whole week off school and I have no idea what I'm going to do. so I'm just lying around at home reading stuff now. and I'm bored already even though chem ended at 915 and I got home at 12-ish.

sigh.

and papers coming back next monday. oh dear.
got a bad feeling for phys geog GP again.

zzz.

ok we'll see how things go.

now what to do for the next 8 hours before I sleep ._.