13 December 2011

428

spent I think the last 4 days slacking after my job ran out.

lol.

don't exactly have any idea what I'm going to write here since really the only reason why I'm typing is cos 1 I don't feel like sleeping right now 2 I've run out of things to do already and 3 haven't posted in more than a week.

spent the past few days on stuff like 9gag / cracked.com / nytimes.com and other online stuff. reading.

need to get a few good books to read I guess. and actually get down to reading them. and use my 2-year-old kino voucher.

but thing is well when I read what I tend to do is skim. which can cause me to miss entire sentences / paragraphs (seriously). which is bad.

and I have no appreciation for lit or good writing or whatever you call it. so I mainly read stuff with interesting plots .-.

which frustrates some people to no end.


I'm shallow like that ok?


so anyway kevin sim has been trying to get me to read stuff like dickens and I'm like ew no way. although I might try sth like jane austen / one of the brontës if I'm really that bored. lol. but probably won't get much out of it.

anyway finished fellowship and two towers in 4 days. yay.

but couldn't start on return of the king before I had to return the books to the SFL. even though I think I had the time / could have finished it (except for the appendices though).

(yeah the last books I borrowed from the school library were tolkien)

maybe cos it really isn't a very good idea to cram the first 2 books in 4 days. especially since how they're very dense and stuff (well to me at least). what's the word for it. rich? dunno. a lot of details. overwhelming (maybe?). I have no idea.

and also maybe cos I've read it so many times that I kinda know what's going to happen anyway. and was so tempted to skip / skim the entire of book 4 (i.e. the second half of the two towers) since it's bloody boring. but I didn't!

*reminds self that middle-earth doesn't really exist in the real world so stop trying to escape there or sth. you're stuck in singapore damnit.

ok rant over.


and speaking of books and stuff I am damn irritated that the movie based on one of john le carré's books (which I actually have read and liked quite a lot) is only being released in singapore in FEBRUARY NEXT YEAR. when it was like released in the UK in september and in the US a few days back (which is why I've read all the reviews on the relevant news sites already). and it's 86% on rotten tomatoes so it can't be bad.

although I think the movie doesn't do the plot justice since they compressed everything into 2 hours but whatever.

and also want to watch the muppets (97% on rotten tomatoes o.o).

eh wait it just got released in singapore. how interesting. I was somehow under the impression that it was only coming out in january. but whatever.

ok I think I shall go watch it tomorrow with bessie.

yay found something to do.

ok I think this post is long enough.

and it's still vaguely school-related so I shall tag it as such. yay.