12 September 2010

391/boredom

hmm this is like the first time I'm posting in ages lol.

mainly cos now I'm damn bored and I have nothing better to do. oh and I've been extremely bored/distracted these past few days. which is probably what led me to posting again.

anyways I've like spent monday tuesday wednesday thursday and saturday in school.
and it's like sunday night and like where the heck have all the holidays gone ._.

anyway I shan't bother giving a run-down of term 3 cos I think I'll get bored before half of it is over [and also cos I can't quite remember what happened - how the heck am I gonna do my promos if I've forgotten everything I wonder]. but I think I'll talk about taiwan like later.

or in a next post.

so anyway recap of the holidays - and that reminds me I can't remember what I did on saturday and sunday before the hols either. oh wait practice the piano - oops I took grade 7 on tues and totally messed it up [mainly cos I didn't finish learning one of the pieces lol]

yeah so sat/sun were boring. monday was wty in school. ew. and seriously phys chem is zzz. but at least he ended before 12.

can't remember what I did after that but I think it involved lunch atop J8. which was quite fun. oh wait that was thursday. monday's lunch was in the canteen. oops.
then I'm /guessing/ I went home but I'm not too sure.

[argh my memory is really really going]. so anyway yes monday after camping in the canteen for a bit I believe I went home.

oh yes chemO only started at 9am so what I did was come to school at 720 as usual [cos I'm lazy to take public transport] then spent a significant amount of time at the raja block sleeping. but the tables are not very conducive for sleeping but at least it isn't hot and stuffy like the RJ canteen. ew.

ok so tuesday came to school early again went to RI cos it was green game [for those who don't know what this is it's some humans club quiz-like thingy for primary school kids]. but anyway organisation total phailed so had do sort quite a few things out for them before running back to chem O ._.

chemO was disgustingly boring and quite honestly I hate organic chem. lol. messed up the org chem test which we got back cos I forgot all my reaction conditions and just put heat for all of them which I wasn't quite sure ._. and made a hell lot of silly mistakes. oops.

[but in defence it was like just after I came back from taiwan and the only revision I did was that mindmap thing on discovery so whatever]

then off to the piano exam, was a nervous wreck and messed everything up. will be a miracle if I pass lol.
then after that to hell with piano. for like the rest of my life. yay.

meanwhile I was intending to spend tuesday evening and the whole of wed rewriting WR in preparation for consult on thurs [and anyway anything that danieltay sends has to be rewritten e.g. he gave me a 1.2k word chapter 2 zzz]. then wwc and daniel decided to meet in school on wed so that totally cut short my sleeping time [intended to like wake up at what 1pm on wed or something lol].

went to school at 12 on wed for lunch. waited for wwc to show up. spent the time talking with the class [which just came down from physO lol] and watching other groups do last-minute work on their WRs in preparation for their consults in the afternoon [my group was the only one consulting on thurs - and incidentally was the first group for thurs which led to some interesting things as you'll see later].

then I realised I forgot to bring the copy of 2nd draft of the WR on which we'd taken down her comments from the first consult. so went back home and got it.

and when I got back the other 2 didn't get anything done at all.

._.

so anyway we relocated from the canteen to comp lab 7 where she was consulting 3F [and very behind time already - 2 hours I think when I got there]. so did the writing there and it was somewhat productive if not for the fact that there was a consultation going on in the background and the other groups were doing either last-minute work or slacking or mugging chem in preparation for wty's NEXT org chem test on thurs [which I totally couldn't be bothered with cos there was the WR to do].

so anyway hezhiyuan's group totally dragged [and theirs was the first group from our class] so the other groups got pissed. and decided to buy dinner back [she was supposed to end all of the day's consults at 545 but like at that time she still had 3 more groups to go?] from J8.

and waichoong and I were happily camping in the complab still writing the WR. lol.

after about 630 the aircon in the complab failed. so after enduring the heat for a bit we relocated to the wishing well. so like she kept talking and waichoong and I kept typing while danieltay escaped to mug chem [but at least he paid us to zao ._.]

so eventually our dinners came [from people like tianran and matthew who went out to buy them] and most of us [i.e. the remaining groups] ate at the wishing well while she continued to talk.

so eventually she finished ziyang's group at 830. and still had one more group to go! [that group was supposed to have started consult at 5].

so most of us just left with ziyang's group. lol. then poor chew and matt were left consulting late into the night [apparently they were chased away by the security guards at 10pm].

but RJ at night is nice.
almost as nice as RI at night. [the admin block can get /really/ dark when you turn off all the lights lol]

anyway got home and continued typing the WR.
eventually got chapter 4 done at about 1. [chapter 5 just wrote crap]
then started skimming all of wty's advanced org chem stuff [i.e. copied down reactions and tried to memorise them].
ended up sleeping at 2 with nothing much going in.

went to school early again on thursday [this time for consult lol]. just that wwc was late so we started at 810 ._.
then basically it dragged until 930. but at least she liked everything just that she pointed out quite a few major flaws in the approach. but helped us fix them. yay.
so anyway our consult was supposed to have been 8 - 845 then we had 7B after us with their first group at 845 - 930. so effectively we ate up one group's slot.
so anyway what she then did was to tell 7B to tell everyone in their class to come an hour later. lol.
so that's like one hour's delay after the first group [out of 10!] for the day.

anyway wty's org chem test was supposed to start at 9.

lol.

anyway the advanced org chem test was utter bs [maybe cos I didn't bother/have time for mugging or anything] so yeah obviously it went very very badly. but whatever at least I got /one/ synthesis question [partially] right.

yay for unethical H2 reagents/conditions!

oh yes and I think I've already forgotten all the org chem [which isn't much really] I've crammed for that test. which means I'll need to re-mug.
ew. after promos. or maybe when I'm really really really really bored and also when I get around to printing all the notes. which will kill a lot of trees. seriously he's worse than OWL lol.

k so anyway after the test went to J8 for lunch. ah yeah now things are in the right order lol. so talked for quite a bit at that open space on the 3rd floor.

then went home and slacked.

friday went for some wedding. ate too much. then went home and slacked even more.

saturday somehow ziyang convinced me to start mugging for promos so went to school and met up with him and a bunch of 6L people [koh, chops, zhengyang and wei-jen]. so from 9 to 12 I tried my hand at some mugging that wasn't last minute for once.
and being extremely efficient in that time I managed to finish
1. my math assignment!
2. a handful of stoichio questions in that chem booklet. ok fine 2 of them
3. 4 P&C questions from the math revision set.

and yeah that's all.
spent the rest of the time talking lol.
but was quite fun.

then went for lunch then went back to school for an RC meeting then back home to do work i.e. slack.

then today again spent the whole time slacking online.

but at least I've read quite a bit this break. of like wikipedia.
and the online version of the new york times [sadly now they lock you out after a few articles and try to get you to sign up or whatever]. and I've done quite a lot of fb stalking too. lol.

and like now it's sunday night and I'm like where the hell did my holiday go.

my fingers are tired. and I think it took me about 45 min to type all this incoherent stuff lol.

now I'm bored again. yay.