I seriously HATE long weekends. wasted friday by slacking on the com for all of 10 [or more] hours. and then saturday [i.e. today] well went down to school [but managed to waste a lot of time in J8 deciding what to eat] for WSC - which was seriously a waste of time - even EC would be better ._.
and then some RC stuff [and as always the sec2s are quite horrible].
so anyway this week [but then again I can't quite remember what happened]. meh.
ok thursday skipped school to go down to GESS for NEA EC module 4 [with international schools]. so thanks to bad planning and all that no other local schools went down - and RI only sent 1 guy i.e. me since they only decided to let one guy miss school. also the french/canadian/australian schools were still on holiday ._.
so it was only me/GESS/UWC/Delhi Public School Singapore [but I resisted the urge to ask them if they knew a Mrs Kala XD].
so anyway the speaker was some weird guy. and then everyone was split into groups. so like 6 GESS people in one, 5 indians + 1 UWC person in another, and the rest of the GESS people + me + the other UWC person in the last. so the speaker was zzz. then well at the first activity we already couldn't get along. cos like the GESS guys in my group were damn screwed up so most of the work was left to the GESS girl + the UWC girl + me. just that the UWC girl was trying to force her ideas on all of us and in the end she ended up pissing everyone off.
so we had to come up with an idea for some environmental project in 'our' school [but then again we were working in groups] so like we had some big mess trying to decide what to do [thanks to UWC fighting with GESS]. so it went really badly but was only saved by lunch.
so lunch the food was quite decent - except for the fact that the [anorexic] GESS girls only ate fruit. so since lunch was 1 hour long we spent the rest of the time talking/listening to that speaker tell stories which are quite zzz. and then finally the GESS people discovered that I spoke german so a few of them were quite embarrassed given that they had made some not-so-positive comments about 'chinese people' - i.e. me [although I didn't do anything!] and the UWC girl - who seriously only looks chinese but has an american accent or something.
then after lunch just finishing our project planning and then presenting. zzz.
so anyway it wasn't worth it - EXCEPT FOR THE FOOD - cos the workshop was quite useless. zzz.
and I'm now an EC. XD
then went back to RI to watch that SYF showcase, met up with jack/jim and yf/some SE people in the library, went with jim for dinner and met the guitar people on the way [i.e. darren/shawn tan/wesley]. then met kwuntong/gl/michael/4A people at J8 and a whole bunch of other guitar people [i.e. daryl/weixuan] too. so went to s11 to eat with jim/darren/shawn tan/wesley/daryl/weixuan and met richard/rongjun/jessica.
then well we split up - me/darren/shawn/wesley went to popular to look for hcl assessment books for shawn, who also tried to recommend some to me [NO WAY!] and then richard/jim/rongjun went to comics connection.
walked back to school [stopping for icecream on the way], and went with them to the gallery. which was where the performers had to sit - and they forgot to turn on the aircon. meh.
then went down again cos they had to get their guitars, met weixuan and taught him a few swear words [and I learnt some from the EC workshop, so it really wasn't THAT much of a waste of time] which he promptly used on clement who so happened to turn up. then the guitar people came, went up with them and went back down again.
so met avinash/jessica/daniel ng, so we spent damn long deciding where to sit and in the end took a seat in the back row. so we couldn't see anything so daniel and I ended up standing for most of the concert.
so anyway I kept looking up [to wave at the gallery] or at the door - cos a LOT of people were late [especially certain teachers] - so met mrs neoh there as well as quite a number of teachers. however turnout was mainly parents though. zzz.
so it really wasn't AS BAD as I'd expected [cos sports people wouldn't go and UGs are too busy/don't care]. however as for the individual performances:
band was ok, just that the acoustics of the hall really suck so everyone's damn soft and thus only band sounds ok. and they're good when they make a LOT of noise and fill up the hall and all that. they should do that more often seriously.
choir was also quite interesting. since they had microphones. but it was a bit repetitive/boring. and the high parts were scary.
then CO [fail - even huang agrees] - thanks to the acoustics and all that. and their first [or was it second] piece just went ON AND ON AND ON AND ON [AND ON] - so whenever we thought that it was about to end it didn't. and eventually when their second piece DID end the ending screwed up. cos they seemed as though they were rushing and all that.
guitar was barely audible [EVEN WITH MICROPHONES]. and repetitive. as how daniel put it I don't get why they're an ENSEMBLE - isn't guitar a solo instrument?
SE was overrated. and repetitive too. I guess I really can't appreciate music.
so anyway after that just loitered in the hall [and everyone was trying to slap weixuan - even though there were still several parents there] - oh and the microphones during the concert were IMBA - cos they'd like disconnect? intermittently [I love this word] so some words/phrases wouldn't be um... microphoned? [meh forgot the word] - so like it's funny. especially when they break up the teachers'/conductors' names - ok so where was I?
oh yeah we were all trying to slap weixuan.
so in the end went home with big auntie/weixuan. initially we tried to flag a cab from RI, but there wasn't one, so we decided to take 88 instead.
so we effectively had the whole upper deck of the bus to ourselves so we were playing some really stupid games. then when we reached AMK we decided to get off and try to get a cab at the taxi stand there.
however the queue was rather long.
so being the sl*ts that they were, wx and semen decided to walk down the road and flag a taxi there. which worked. to quote them "sometimes being bitchy pays off" - and of course I was just an innocent bystander.
so took the cab all the way to weixuan's house and I walked the remainder of the distance back. which was further than I thought it was. meh.
ok now I'm still bored.
although I DID spend 30 min on this post. and that's even though I've been