LJ day was FUN.
so basically we were supposed to meet at 1330.
but then mass-convoing on facebook last night we decided to meet for lunch at 1230.
and well me being me - I managed to end up at J8 20 min early - it always seems that I'm either very early or just late for stuff.
so I was walking/loitering around. so bumped into 4D and 4C.
then slowly the 4H people started to arrive.
hmm first was matthew then um clive then more and more [actually I'm just too lazy to remember]
so eventually we ended up with about half the class there.
and since we couldn't find any space anywhere we just all packed our food and walked back to school.
so we ate in the canteen - which was quite funny cos we were like the only class there. oh and I bought 4 bags of chips.
then off to the raja block to assemble.
turns out we were both right/wrong - CCK was wearing something which looked like a cross between light brown and light purple. so while we were waiting for the bus we took our temperatures ._.
or as I was shouting "guys go fake your temperature". aaron brought his fahrenheit thermometer [again] but forgot the calculator. XD.
then well while waiting for the bus I opened a packet of chips.
and we were playing retarded games - first heart attack and then concentration [in full view of the teachers/RIJC students who seem to have some obsession with the Raja block].
and EC was playing with ewan's soccer ball.
then onto the bus - taiti with EC.
so he actually won 3 games in a row.
then he lost the next one. lol.
but seriously he's quite good.
so when we arrived at the tuas checkpoint we had this presentation about the checkpoint - which was quite zzz.
until we [I] started to ask FUNNY questions.
"what happens if you lose your passport?"
"what happens if you bring chewing gum into singapore?"
actually I had 2 more questions - but decided to use rascal to ask them instead.
so we asked that officer:
"what was the most creative way of smuggling people that you've encountered"
"what was the most interesting thing that you've confiscated"
then we watched a HILARIOUS video which aimed to educate homeowners [how... appropriate] on what to do to avoid being arrested for harbouring illegal immigrants.
the video then went on to depict scenarios of people NOT following the "3 steps" and getting arrested ._.
after that was another video which aimed to show how to enter singapore. well rather what to do at immigration/customs.
so being government videos and all that they were ridiculously exaggerated - which provided a very good source of entertainment to us. for example they had this guy passing through customs with fake guns and knives AND banned publications [read: playboy] and being smart enough to go into the "red lane" and declare them.
wow.
so after that we discovered that we had food.
they catered a whole buffet for one class.
wow.
so while we were eating we discovered some interesting posters in the area - quite a few examples of smuggling/fake passports which were quite LOL.
anyway we went to see the arrival hall thingy for people arriving by bus - we went through that for MM - just that we weren't allowed to go down thanks to SWINE FLU.
anyway on the bus ride back we were singing.
in falsettos.
and also we sang several national songs, replacing "Singapore" with a certain math teacher's name.
and some other random songs.
and we ate more chips.
so really this was THE most fun LJ day ever. not in the least thanks to the food/
and to quote EC "martin now I know why you chose this place"
[cos really when we were 'voting' for our destinations we were all shouting out random places and so happened that I saw ICA and saw that it was bloody far so I shouted for that one. long bus rides are fun!]