1 March 2009

let the water come and carry us away

ugh REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY tired today.

and I didn't even get to do any work this weekend.

instead managed to maple a bit. and spent quite a lot of time on BBO. well at least now bridge is more fun [just that I can't seem to remember all the conventions - I think I just need more practice] especially since I'm not partnering alan/telling each other our HANDS online ._.

but I still HATE declarer play ><. defence is a lot more fun [for me]. just that I keep losing. well either I get negative IMPs or like quite a few [at least 3?] for my side - cos either we don't bid, underbid, or underbid and manage to win the bid, and then I later discover that all the other boards had the opponents making the bid instead [and more often than not winning] i.e. big swing towards us XD.

yeah so I need to improve my bidding. especially since playing 5-card majors I can't bid on a hand with 4-4-4-1 [cos you can't bid NT with such distribution and if I open I can't double for takeout]. well just that 1. I just saw this guy open with 1NT with 4-4-4-1 distribution and eventually go down when his partner raised to something else, and 2. my bloody partner passed my takeout double [bidding went 1H - dbl - all pass ._.] so we went down a LOT. especially since I only had singleton heart.


zzz I bet you can't understand whatever I'm saying. but seriously I'm VERY BAD at contract and I need a LOT more practice. XD.

yeah but practice comes at the cost of my not doing any homework [not like I do anything but still]. so stuff keeps PILING UP! whee.



and I think I'm going to be very stressed say midweek.